The school’s mission is to create a nurturing and safe environment where quality education lays the foundation of life-long learning through building self-esteem, confidence, creativity, and preparing our students to be effective group members, within the family, direct community, country, and the globe at large. Guided by our core values, respect, responsibility, relationships and the promotion of life-long learning, USL will honor the special gift in each child and support all learners.The learning setup at Universal School of Lebanon reflects hands-on, investigative, and project based learning. The school faculty at USL respects and caters to individual needs among students; each child is given the opportunity to develop to his/her fullest potential. Multicultural awareness is strongly advocated through daily interactions, a community outreach program, and local and international projects.
Our mission is strongly tied to the following beliefs:
• We believe that student learning is the chief priority and that the child’s educational program should be a shared responsibility involving the home, school, teacher, and students.
• We believe that our curriculum must be flexible, challenging, and ever changing so that each child will achieve success and satisfaction in life.
• We believe in an educational program that helps to develop the whole child in the cognitive, affective, social, aesthetic, and physical domains.
•We believe that the school should provide a safe environment and an educational program to meet the needs of each child so that he/she is encouraged to function at his/her full potential.
• We believe that each child should be provided with opportunities to establish him/herself both as an individual and a member of a group.
• We believe that educational experiences should enable students to learn to communicate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and behave responsibly.
• We believe that integrating technology in a meaningful way enables students to develop information technology skills and be updated with most recent advances in computer education.
• We believe in promoting awareness at the social, environmental, and multicultural levels.